Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
Executive Board for the 2019-2020 Year
President- Jennifer Eagles
Secretary- Michele Colin
Treasurer- Cindy Gutierrez
Membership- Shannon Mercer-Diemont
Fundraising- Gina Nilsson
Teacher Liason- Laurie Vinson
PTA Notes for February 2020 meetings
Upcoming events from PTA-
1. Talent show: board is looking for parents to help with this event. Tryouts are Wednesday, March 18, 2-4PM. Dress rehearsal is Wednesday, April 1, 2-4PM. Talent Show is Friday April 3rd. PTA needs your help on these 3 dates to hold this event.
2. Spring fundraiser- gourmet popcorn sales from March 13- March 31
3. PTA elections for next year- election meeting Tuesday, April 21 @ 6PM. There will be food and childcare. Encourage your friends and other Sonoma families to become involved in PTA next year. We need volunteers to make the events such as Fall Festival, movie nights, dances, assemblies, teacher/school support, and the talent show (to name a few things) happen!
4. Penguin assembly (brought to you by the whale and polar bear couple) Monday, May 18. Two assemblies, times TBA
5. Next PTA meeting Tuesday, February 25 @ 6PM.
PTA notes for January 16, 2020
· Short/Tall Dance, February 7th, Valentine theme
· Talent show try-outs, March 18…talent show dress rehearsal, April 1…actual talent show, April 3
· Spring fundraiser-Gourmet popcorn, March 13-March 31
· Penguin Assembly, either May 1st or May 18th. Two performances
· Next PTA association meeting January 28- Discussion topics will be dance, fundraiser, and talent show. The PTA will appreciate parent input and participation for those activities.
Notes from the PTA meeting on Thursday, September 26
Donations needed for the Fall Festival: candy, raffle prizes, 2 liter bottles of soda. If you have a business that is interested in donating/sponsoring, please let us know.
We are close to our goal of 100 members. Membership drive ends soon!
Next meeting, Tuesday, October 22nd, 6:00 PM -Note time change from school calendar
Notes from the PTA meeting/Ice-Cream Social on Thursday, August 29:
· Treasurer report, budget info, and upcoming dates information available to read in the staffroom.
· Great response to the pie and popcorn tasting as possible fundraisers. It was voted to have the frozen pies as a fall fundraiser (perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and an extra in the freezer), and bags of flavored gourmet popcorn for a spring fundraiser.
· PTA voted to donate $400 towards incentives for the upcoming jogathon.
· Reflections (national PTA art contest open to all students) will have information going out to students next week.
· Fall Festival, 10/25, start talking it up in class and Back to School night. PTA will be sending out notes soon to rustle up some volunteers.
· PTA will be sending note will also ask for a volunteer from each class to be a room parent. This person could be the teacher’s go-to person for a PTA contact, and getting PTA info to class parents.
· Shout out to those who have joined PTA! Scan the QR code on the PTA board in the front office.
· There will be a membership drive with the top classes TK-3 and 4-6 earning an ice cream party.
· Next meeting is Thursday, 9/26, Time TBA. PTA would love to see you there.
Did you sign up at Round Up to be contacted to help with PTA activities? If not, email [email protected] or slip a note in our drop box in the front office to get yourself on the mailing list! We will call you! Volunteers are something we seem to never have enough of and your time is appreciated!
Like us on FaceBook.com